Monthly Card-Making Events
When Jen started Cards for Hospitalized Kids in 2011, the Des Plaines Public Library immediately wanted to help.
Jen has been a member of the library's Teen Advisory Board for years and they have watched her endure many surgeries and hospital stays. Through Jen, library staff witnessed firsthand the hardships faced by hospitalized kids and wanted to help her with CFHK.
Attending a card making event is a great way to have fun and make a difference. Card making supplies and snacks are provided at the event. Service hours can also be earned for attending an event.
The next monthly events are:
- Friday September 16th 4 - 6 pm
- Friday October 21st 4 - 6 pm
- Friday November 18th 4 - 6 pm
- Friday December 16th 4 - 6 pm
* Attendees do not have to stay the entire time.